Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fooled her!

So... I'm at Michael's buying an Easter Basket for my daughter (smile). The cashier said "Uh oh, this must be for a little girl". I said "Yes". She said "How old is your daughter?". I said "3 weeks today". She said "WOW, you look great for a having a 3 week old". I smiled and said "THANK YOU". hee hee

I have lost 6 lbs in the last 37 days! I don't know if it due to my world wind of life changes or the fact that I haven't had cheese or sweets!! Gosh, I can't wait until Easter. I have saved up sweets in my freezer. (Cake, cookies and chocolate)

6 comments:

Alabaster Mom said...

Hee hee! I had a dental appointment shortly after my daughter was born and my dentist said, "Your gums look great for someone who just had a baby." (Does something weird happen to your gums when you're pregnant? I have no idea!)

You're the opposite of me - I *gained* a bunch of weight when I was on maternity leave. Apparently, after working full-time my entire life, I could not handle having unrestricted access to my own kitchen for 12 weeks.

Coleen and Gordon said...

I don't think losing will be a trend. Once I don't have the sweets and cheese restriction and being home with access to my fridge, that will be the test!! : )

E said...

I've always said that if I could cut cheese out of my diet, I would lose 10lbs. in a snap.

You do look great for having a 3 week old! lol Work it, girl! Well, you did carry her (in your heart) and labored for her too;)

Enjoy your Easter and try not to eat all the sweets at once!! haha

Eliza said...

I had that happen to me a few time after my daughter was born, it felt great to say "thank you" =)..after all though adoption has stressed too that could potentially make a mom gain weight, so saying thank you isn't too bad haha

Jennifer said...

I had a few people make those comments too, especially when we were in SC out and about with our 4 day old. I mostly just said thank you. One person started asking about where I delivered her and asked about a specific hospital. I just said yes there, because I'd already committed. The weight loss is awesome! I lost a bunch when she was 3 months old and I had the appendicitis, but it all came back.

Mandy said...

That's so funny! I had people saying, "You look so good for having twins!" I would just laugh because I AM overweight, but it has nothing to do with the twins!! :)

When we first got the girls, I did loose about 15 lbs, because I kept forgetting to eat! I would be so focused on them, I would make it to the end of the day and realize I hadn't had anything to eat all day! :) But don't worry, I found those 15 lbs again within a few months! (and then some!!) :)

My favorite is when people tell me that my girls look so much like me, you should see their face when I tell them that they are adopted!!