Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Digging out!!

I'm sure I lost a lot of followers : )

As we dig ourselves out of our hole (slowly, but surely), we are coming back to life. I've been asked by several people if I will continue the blog, start a new one etc... I decided to keep the same one. It is the same journey... the end goal is the same, right?? Ella was a huge beginning and I'm sure there were many of lessons to be learned, but we are not bright eyed and bushy tailed enough to see them. All in all, I feel like we did everything right. We committed whole heartily and that is what we will have to do the next time. The next baby deserves that hope, attention, commitment, love and excitement that Ella got. I told my mother-in-law that if we are placed with a boy that he will be wearing pink for the first 12 mos and she said that was OK because Gordon did, too, and he turned out OK!! I loved that. It was news to Gord, but he is old enough to process this!! We do have a picture of him in tights, but they blamed that on the cold weather : )

I just wanted to check in... We are doing OK. We have good days and bad days. It is a healing process and we are letting ourselves grieve. We have a ton of support around us.

There is nothing to mention on the adoption front. Our name is out there and we will continue our journey. If there is one thing we learned it is that WE LOVED BEING PARENTS. Even if it was only for 3 days. : (

Thanks for all of the continued support!!

6 comments:

RB said...

All you can do is give your hearts time to heal. We had a failed match with a baby who could have been our son. We've been saying that if our baby is a girl, she'll be wearing blue for a very long time!

You're right, the next baby does deserve everything that you sank into Ella. It's hard to have that kind of faith again, but what choice do we have?

Lisa said...

I am so glad you are "digging out." :)

GsMomAswifey said...

Coleen, I'm glad to see you blogging again. I think it's a good idea to keep the same blog. Your journey will definitely be inspirational for other couples who have or may go through a disrupted adoption.
I also agree with Reggie you have to keep the faith. You (we) all come this far there is no quitting now.
I was just telling Greyson last night how hard we fought for him. How we didn't give up after 5 failed rounds of IVF, one baby that wasn't meant to be ours and then when he was taken from us too....argh. It's not for the faint of heart.
I seriously can not believe after all the heart break we did not give up. It just goes to show how much we want to be parents. I know you and Gordon want to be parents so bad. I know you will continue this journey....and I will be here to support you always!

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

I'm glad you checked it. It appears you haven't lost your following! You're an amazing woman, indeed. You've been on my mind so much. And, I do love knowing that Gordon wore pink for a year :)

ly, cm

Jennifer said...

So glad to see you blogging again. That is very funny about Gord wearing pink for a year. With our son, we didn't know the sex and he wore a lot of yellow and ducks - not pink but still pretty girly. And he turned out okay too. I'm praying that your wait is very short.

E said...

I admire you so much...you're a strong person and I know that you will be a mom because you were meant to be one! I totally agree with keeping the same blog...Ella was part of your journey. So happy to see you're blogging again and keeping the faith that your little one is out there:)