Gord felt we deserved something special for Valentine's day this year, so he planned a surprise. He booked us a night at the resort where we spent our wedding night. It was nice, we checked in yesterday afternoon and took a nap by the pool, got up an gussied up for dinner. When we came back from dinner, the hotel put champagne and chocolates in the room. That was even a surprise to Gord. In the morning, we got breakfast in bed! Cool deal, huh? We are home now and since he told me last week to plan nothing for this weekend, I am doing just that... NOTHING.
While we were out to dinner last night, we reminisced on last Valentine's day. Last year, we got a call from an attorney we had just met and she had a baby situation. During our meeting she thought we said we were already certified with our home study. Since we were not certified, she nipped the convo and said to let her now when we were. It was our first call and we just talked about it all dinner! We thought "WOW, this can happen fast for us"... Not knowing what the year was gonna bring.
All in all, it was a great weekend. Even though it was about 20 miles from our house, I feel like we got a way : )
5 comments:
It sounds like a wonderful getaway! G is so sweet...glad you had a nice time.
I just discovered your blog. I'm glad I did. :)
Sounds like your weekend was wonderful, what a sweet, thoughtful husband you have! :)
Hi Col, our thread has been so slow. I miss e/o!
Glad you and G had some time away, even if it was only 20 mins. BTW, you're right it could happen anytime....
It sounds like you had a great weekend. Sometimes those nearby getaways are the best! I really hope you get the call about your forever baby soon!
I tagged you, check out my latest post....
Post a Comment