So the time has come for the father to be, to finally add his thoughts to this great blog that Coleen has created. (*She has done a great job so far!!)
I am so excited that in exactly 1 month, Ella is supposed to be born! That is going to be the best day of my life (our lives), so it cannot come too soon!.....I wish it was tomorrow. Marla sent us a text with a picture of her belly on it tonight, and it looks like Ella is going to be huge!! (jk). It is so awesome that Marla feels so comfortable calling us all the time, it makes me feel a lot better and it eases both of our nerves. We leave in 3 weeks (OMG), so Coleen has washed all of Ella's clothes and our princess' suitcase is packed! She is going to look so darn cute in all of the outfits that Coleen has chosen. I would like to thank all of the folks that have bought and handed-down so many great clothes and things, we could not wish for better friends or family! (We love you guys!)
Speaking of which, we finally got our crib and dresser built this weekend! Ella's room is coming together rather nicely, and I would like to thank my parents for helping us out with the furniture! (*You can all see it on the video attachment, and let us know what you think) When I was building it yesterday, so many thoughts (or moments) were going through my head. I could imagine Ella sleeping in the crib, with Col and I standing at the doorway just watching. Ella looking up at me with a huge smile as I change her poopy diaper, then put her into some fresh warm clothes. I cannot wait for her first step, her first laugh, the first time she falls asleep on my six-pack stomach (sounds better than beer-belly! :) ). Then I looked around the room, and just sat there and listened to the quietness....and figured that this might be one of the last times that it would be this way! I have always been jealous of all my friends that have had the pleasure of holding their baby, and watching them as they grow up.....and now my chance is only 1 month away!! I am a little scared because I have no idea what I am doing, but I will jump in head-first and just do the best job of loving and caring for her as I can.
Thank you for checking in on our blog, we are blessed to have so many people supporting and loving us!
3 comments:
Awesome job as guest author, Gordon! Speaking for other adoptive-moms-to-be, we may often forget that our men are going through the same thoughts and emotions!
The crib looks great guys!! Beautiful choice!
Hi Coleen and Gordon! Gordon you did a great job all by yourself. You're awesome! My dh had two other people helping him....lol.
The room is looking fabulous! Ella is going to love it.I'm so happy for the two of you and can't wait to "meet" your dd.
Gordon! It's nice to hear from you. I am so so so excited for you and Coleen and little Ella. This addition to your sweet family will be deeply celebrated by us all.
Hugs to your lovely bride!
cm
And, I agree - Coleen has done a great job here in blog land
Post a Comment