Thursday, November 20, 2008

4 years ago







What would I do without my friends : ) I was sitting at my desk today and the phone rang. It was Yvette to wish me a happy anniversary. I said for what and she said the day you and gordon got engaged. WHAT?? Why does she know this and I don't? So happens, she and Bill were engaged the same day (different year), so it stuck in her head. So, I get home and see on my calendar that I had it written down for the 22nd. I looked it up and sure enough Yvette is right!! Not that I doubted her, I just have to prove it (Meissner trait).

4 years ago Gord drove me up to Sedona (in a thunder storm) to go on a jeep tour. He told me it was free (he knows I'm cheap) from someone he worked that couldn't use it. As we were driving up there I kept telling him that it will be cancelled due to the rain. He kept saying he didn't think so (knowing all the money he put up for this weekend, they wouldn't dare!!). We parked the car and started walking torward the jeep company. It was cold so I wanted to put my hand in Gord's pocket (attempting to have a romantic walk in the rain). I've never seen Gordon reacted so quickly. He karate chopped my hand and my purse went flying into a puddle. He said "what are you doing???". I said "I was cold", he said "You have your own pockets!!". So, I picked up my dripping purse, put my hands in my OWN pockets and thought what an a**hole!! : ) Little did I know he wasn't an a**hole, he was just hiding a beautiful ring in that special pocket. The tour company provided rain coats and we were the only one's on our jeep (he planned this and paid extra, I just thought no one else wanted to sit in an open jeep in the rain). The tour got better. When we arrived at the top of the trail, the driver advised us that this was a nice stop to take pictures. He offered to take ours. So, we walked down a little on this flat piece of red rock and I was standing down looking up and smiling at Tony (the driver). Gord was not looking at him. I kept saying he wants to take our picture, look at him... I looked a Gord and he had teary eyes and he said "That isn't really why we are here" . At that moment he dropped to one knee and said he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me... Now it all made sense! It was a GREAT day.
I love you, Gord!!!






2 comments:

Lisa said...

How romantic!!!

E said...

What a sweet engagement story!! Too funny about the pockets and the dropped purse...you must have been like WTF? haha