Gord talked to Marla today for awhile. She and the little guy have been sick with colds this week. They both have asthma, so it makes it a little worse. She asked if we have started shopping and Gord told her that I have done some damage : ) I just can't help it. I've waited a long time for this. I am even exercising a little of resistance, I can't imagine what it will be like when we come home! She told her daughter about the baby and the adoption. She remembered meeting us. She asked if she will ever get to visit and Marla said we will try to arrange something. Gord and I agree it would be nice to take her to the store to pick out something for the baby that can just be from her. So, we will try to arrange that in December. Sounded as if Marla was very relieved that it was out in the open. Her daughter is now playing nurse and being very accommodating. I think it all is making sense to her now, that her mom isn't just being lazy and letting herself go : ) She actually didn't believe her at first and Marla had to provide some medical records to her... smart girl. All in all, she reacted a lot better than what she was expecting.
Gord and I went looking for a rocker today. I also asked the sales guy if they had cribs (We have one picked out, but I thought we could look). They didn't carry cribs, but he asked if this was for us. We said "yes" and he continued to tell us congrats and told me I have a beautiful glow to me. DUHHH! : ) He made another comment to Gord about pregnant women. I usually spill the beans and tell people our life story, but I let him believe I am with child. In the adoption world we say we have a baby growing in our heart, not our womb.
This last week we visited a pediatrician's office close by. We really liked the office and the doctor. So, we are all set with that. She said we can call the office from Toledo with any questions we may have. She strongly advised us to get flu shots and to make sure that Ella ia covered as much as possible on the plane so people aren't poking at her.
3 comments:
You are with baby! I'm thrilled that you're 'doing some damage' - you deserve to enjoy these prep moments.
So glad that Ella's BM was pleased with the convo with her daughter - I'm sure it's a relief for her to have it out there. I'll continue to pray for their health!
cm
You have been waiting a long time for this...shop away, girl! I'm so happy to hear for everyone that the news "is out". I'm sure it was a relief for M, especially since she is accepting of it.
Good for you for not spilling the beans in the store. I think strangers don't need to know the details. And it's so true that you are WITH CHILD...she's in your heart and that is more than enough! I'm so excited for you!
Thanks for sending the link to your blog. I lurk once and a while to see what's new. I am so happy for you two. Chiara and I will have to find a stuffed polar bear to send you at xmas so you have something Canadian for Ella...in addition to her Daddy. ;)
Post a Comment