Saturday, October 25, 2008

One year ago...

A year ago this month we initiated the adoption process. When all the professionals told me that it will usually take about a year it sounded sooo far away that anything would actually happen. But, again, they were right! Hate when that happens. :) We have 2 months to go! Gord is convinced she will come early.

We picked out a crib last night and bought shelves for the room. We've always felt like we had so much time to prepare, but I think we are in crunch time now!

By the way... we had a great time in Laughlin. We ate, drank, danced, laughed and gambled!! next vacation will be a family vacation : ) I had a great video clip of Gord, but I can't seem to download it. He must have known my plans. Drats!

3 comments:

E said...

Wow, what a year, right? So glad to hear you had a great time away! It must be so nice to know that the next time you go away you'll have to pack a little extra;)

Exciting news about the crib...it is crunch time! It is coming up fast! Woo Hoo!

GsMomAswifey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GsMomAswifey said...

Ok, I had to delete my last post. I didn't reread it and it was a mess.

Anyhow, I can't wait to see pics of the nursery and the crib. These next couple months are going to go by soooo fast! It's such a busy time of the year.
Good thing you and Gord got in that getaway...you'll probably never want to leave your little girl once you have her in your arms. I can't imagine going on vaca without G.