Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It is official!!

Tired from all the events!
Yea!!

Mommy and Me!! (she is waving "Hi")


Daddy and Me!

Again!




us and our Attorney...


With the judge!

The last legal step to adoption is going to court to finalize the adoption in front of the judge. Today was our day!!! She is officially, legally, all the way ours! When I got married I didn't know if I would feel different afterwards, but I did. That was the same feeling I had today. I wasn't sure if these proceedings would change how I feel and they did! I feel a weight has been lifted and I can finally let down all my guards and love and enjoy her to the fullest. No one can take her away from me (us : )). As you can imagine, there were tears of joy in the courtroom. She is our joy!! After the hearing, we went to lunch and I shared my relief with Gordon. He said he hasn't had a guard up and didn't feel different... well goodie for him (he did cry, too, DUHHH!). He must be healthier than me!! That is why I love him. Here are some pictures of our big day!!
Thank you for all your support. It was a long road, but we are willing to travel it again, someday!!



7 comments:

GsMomAswifey said...

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing them. I also love your new playlist. It makes me smile b/c I know just how you feel! Congratulations!

GsMomAswifey said...

BTW,I love your hair too! It's so edgy, can't wait to see it this weekend.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for all of you. I can't wait to see you too!

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

And, Dads & Moms are different, friend. It's okay that you were hesitant / reserved. You're healthy, too!!

cm

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Every time I read your site I leave with tears in my eyes and joy in my heart. I am so happy for all THREE of you!

Laurie

Lisa said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WONDERFUL news!

Mandy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Love the pictures!! I am so happy for you to be finalized!! :)