Tuesday, June 16, 2009

First vacation / First days back to work

Chylar bundled up for fireworks (you can tell we are from Phoenix. She was the only one with a snowsuit!!)
The girls as Navy Pier...
Group minus Gord (he took the pic).

First flight (she wanted the window seat).
At the Zoo!

Last weekend we ventured to Chicago to meet my online buddies. We had a great trip! The weather was fantastic. It did rain one morning but Phoenicians love RAIN!! Everyone was so nice 'in real life', just as I thought they would be. It felt like meeting up with old friends. We have been communicating for a year and a half. WOW... time flies. We all said that our other friends and family thought we were a little crazy for going so far to meet people we never met before. It wasn't strange to us at all. I told the girls that we are probably the safest people to meet, since we all have been through home studies, FBI finger printing, background checks etc... : ) We have so much in common and have been though ALL the same stuff. Even our husbands thought we were a little nuts, but obviously we are all married to some great guys and I think they all enjoyed the weekend, too!! I know Gord did!


Chylar was an angel on the trip. She behaved the entire time as we took her on planes, trains and automobiles (and one wild bus ride!!).

I am back to work. I have completed 2 full days. The first day I worked from home and my mom watched Chylar. This was hard as I could hear her downstairs, but I needed to stay upstairs and not respond to her. Grandma did great. Today I went into the office. I was dreading this day, but I think it was a little easier then I expected. I did call a couple of times ; ) It was so fun to come home to her. I couldn't wait. I did not cry, which surprised me because I had good cry Sunday night. I thought for sure there was more to come. Chylar and I had a good hour and a half together before I had to go to work, so I think that made it easier, too.
Here are some pictures of the trip...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

love the pics! I hope to meet you one day!