We were connected a few weeks ago with our birth mother (F). I didn't say anything to anyone because we were nurturing the relationship and the details. We wanted more information before we shared with everyone, since we weren't sure of a due date. F had a dr appt on Wednesday and I was expecting to get this information then. Well, due to other health issues, they admitted her for an induction. I got a call Thursday morning from F's attny and they said she was in the hospital and wanted us to go there. I called Gordon and we were off! She was in labor most of Thursday and what a trooper she was. NO EPIDURAL!!! She is one tough cookie. Once she was dilated the birth was quick. We were in the room and she wanted Gordon to cut the cord and me to hold the baby first. Everything happen sooo fast, that the Dr cut the cord... Oh well, the moment was beautiful and I did get to hold her, once they were done with her. We didn't know it was a girl, but were pleasantly surprised!!
We came home from the hospital today. Consent signing was at 6PM. I had family over to meet her as we all waited for the call that everything went smooth. We got the call. Her attorney called and said there was no hesitation and congratulated us. There was an overwhelming feeling of relief and happiness. We tried to call F tonight and thank her for changing our lives! This is a change we have wanted and worked so hard at and we are soo thankful for this tiny baby girl. Our lives are already enhanced and it has only been 3 days. She has changed so much in the 3 days. We can't take our eyes off of her or we may miss something! More to come, but I need to go to bed. I just didn't want to keep you guys hanging anymore!!!
Thanks cousin Lisa for keeping your ears open for us! She is so beautiful, I can't wait for you to meet her! Love you!!
Chylar Marie (pronouced like the boys name Kyle with an "r" at the end)
5lbs 10oz
19 1/4 inches
Pictures pending, sorry, unless you can log onto walgreens.. http://photo2.walgreens.com/share/p=449221237783668374/l=25999645/g=4556445/cobrandOid=1009/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB
I'll try to put some on the blog tomorrow!!
Night!!
8 comments:
CONGRATS Gord and Coleen!!!!!
It went so quick and what a happy ending...Chylar is lucky to have you both!!:-)
Col, I remember lying awake at night just staring at Greyson. Everyone kept telling me that I needed sleep but I couldn't take my eyes off him. He slept in a bassinet right next to me for 3 months. Enjoy and soak up every moment!
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
I am so so so thrilled for all of you.
Congratulations, Coleen!
cm
OMG! She is sooo adorable! Mike & I are so excited and happy for you both! I can't wait to see you guys!! Love - Cristi
Hey new mommy!!!!!! That hair, those cheeks..Chylar is a beauty!! I know you and Gord are enjoying every second. You two look so happy with her!
CONGRATULATIONS!! I am SOOOO happy for you guys!! Chylar is a doll!
So happy for you! She is so beautiful. Can't wait to see more pics.
Post a Comment